3X Exit Founder, $50K -> $20M ARR Company Growth
Former Sales Director for Fortune 100 Telecom
7-Figure Acquisition Founder for a Sales-Led-Growth SaaS Company
Commercial Lead Specializing in B2B SaaS
- Supply Chain
Serial Co-Founder for Sales Led Companies
Hiring made easy
Tell us what you’re looking for
Good fit assessment
We intro you to interested candidates
Start an engagement off platform
GrowthExpert transformed the way we approach growth marketing at TechNova. Their fractional talent seamlessly integrated with our team, driving remarkable results in record time.
With GrowthExpert, we quickly connected with a top-notch expert who took charge of our growth strategies, effectively managing our project backlog with exceptional skill
GrowthExpert’s platform provided us with rapid access to credible, vetted marketers. Their streamlined process and high-caliber talent pool were exactly what our ambitious projects required
The low-risk, high-reward approach of GrowthExpert was exactly what we needed. Their flexible engagement model allowed us to experiment and find the perfect growth strategy.
How to Hire a Great Chief Revenue Officer
What does a fractional Chief Revenue Officer do?
A Fractional Chief Revenue Officer, sometimes known as a Part-Time CRO, is a part-time or contract-based executive focused on optimizing revenue cycles. It’s typically sought out by companies with large sales teams or highly complex sales processes.
Here’s what a fractional Chief Revenue Officer typically does:
Revenue Strategy Development:
- Identifies optimizations for current revenue streams and opportunities to pursue new streams in the long term.
- Builds a strategy to align all teams involved in revenue generation (typically sales, marketing, finance, and customer success teams)
Monetization Strategy Optimization:
- Uncovers new opportunities for monetization, then tests and implements those strategies.
Pricing Model and Discount Management
- Analyzes opportunities to improve the current pricing model in order to maximize revenue.
- Sets the company’s approach towards promotions and discounts.
- Aligns all teams related to revenue generation (usually sales, marketing, customer success, and product) to reduce silos and boost the effectiveness of revenue-generating projects.
- Sets revenue targets and initiatives for growing specific revenue streams.
- Oversees the budget of marketing and sales projects related to stream-specific growth.
Data-Driven Revenue Decisions
- Uses data to determine what revenue streams to pursue and which tactics should have the greatest impact on growth.
A fractional Chief Revenue Officer works to bring strategic rigor to a company’s revenue generating activities. For businesses just getting started with a revenue growth focus or needing guidance in their sales-led-growth processes, a fractional Chief Revenue Officer hire puts revenue growth expertise within reach without a massive budget requirement.
When to Hire
When should you hire a fractional Chief Revenue Officer?
Hiring a fractional Chief Revenue Officer is about more than wanting to grow revenue. Here are some scenarios when you might want to hire a fractional Chief Revenue Officer:
Leading a Sales-Led-Growth Approach
- If your company wants to start with or further mature your sales-led-growth approach, a Fractional Chief Revenue Officer is a cost-effective way to provide leadership and focus your revenue generation strategies.
Boosting Effectiveness of the Sales Team:
- Even for the most savvy sales-led companies, your sales team will eventually hit a ceiling that requires a broader company effort to break through. A Fractional Chief Revenue Officer can bring much needed alignment between teams and revitalize revenue generation without the long hiring cycle for a full-time position.
Uniting Disparate Sales Teams
- For teams that have sales units for multiple products or have recently undergone mergers, a fractional Chief Revenue Officer can help unite these teams and integrate them with the wider revenue generation function.
Managing Complex Pricing and Monetization Needs
- If your product has a complicated pricing structure or utilizes a number of different monetization strategies, a Fractional Chief Revenue Officer can manage the complexity in a cost-efficient way.
Transitioning Between VP of Sales and CRO:
- When your company’s sales function has matured to a certain point, you’ll likely want to bring in a CRO to manage revenue outside of sales. A Fractional CRO can serve as a good test for your company’s CRO-readiness and bridge the gap until a full-time hire is made.