Ex-SaaS Founder, Techstars Alum and Mentor
- Health & Wellness
- Food & Bev
Former SaaS Head of Growth, Google and Techstars Mentor
- Mobile Apps
Head of Growth for VC Firm and Top B2B Marketing Voice
Head of Growth and Marketing for a e-Learning SaaS Company
- Health & Wellness
VP of Growth with EdTech Experience
- Mobile Apps
Hiring made easy
Tell us what you’re looking for
Good fit assessment
We intro you to interested candidates
Start an engagement off platform
GrowthExpert transformed the way we approach growth marketing at TechNova. Their fractional talent seamlessly integrated with our team, driving remarkable results in record time.
With GrowthExpert, we quickly connected with a top-notch expert who took charge of our growth strategies, effectively managing our project backlog with exceptional skill
GrowthExpert’s platform provided us with rapid access to credible, vetted marketers. Their streamlined process and high-caliber talent pool were exactly what our ambitious projects required
The low-risk, high-reward approach of GrowthExpert was exactly what we needed. Their flexible engagement model allowed us to experiment and find the perfect growth strategy.
How to Hire a Great Head of Growth
What does a fractional Head of Growth do?
A Fractional Head of Growth, sometimes known as a Part-Time CGO (Chief Growth Officer), is a part-time or contract-based executive responsible for increasing a company’s growth trajectory. It’s typically sought out by startups building their first growth team or by larger organizations with multiple growth teams that want more overall cohesion.
Here’s what a fractional Head of Growth typically does:
Growth Strategy Development:
- Determines what opportunities and channels will create the most growth for the business.
- Builds a strategy to guide which growth initiatives the business will pursue first.
Customer Behavior Analysis and Segmentation:
- Analyzes customer behavior through a variety of means to find new options to drive growth.
- Uses customer behavior segmentation to uncover current-market growth opportunities and market-expansion growth prospects.
Measurement and Optimization of Growth Metrics:
- Identifies the metrics that will best drive a business’s growth.
- Tracks and optimizes metrics through a series of fast-paced experiments.
Pricing and Revenue Optimization:
- Tests different approaches to the company’s pricing strategy to optimize revenue growth.
- Works closely with the product, sales, marketing, and customer success teams to ensure alignment, as growth efforts can affect the work of these teams.
Creation and Ownership of Experimentation Programs
- Creates an experiment roadmap to rapidly test growth opportunities and scale ones that work well.
- Owns the end-to-end experimentation process for growth and may oversee experiment processes for other teams.
Discovery, Optimization, and Addition of Growth Loops
- Analyzes a company’s current processes to uncover and refine core growth loops.
- Creates new supplemental growth loops to support a company’s core growth loops.
A fractional Head of Growth often works in every area of the AARRR framework, focuses on fast-paced validation of growth opportunities, and will collaborate closely with teams outside of the growth team. For businesses unsure if they’re ready to commit to a large-scale growth and experimentation program, a fractional Head of Growth is an excellent way to test the waters.
When to Hire
When should you hire a fractional Head of Growth?
Hiring a fractional Head of Growth isn’t just limited to companies wanting to focus on a growth function. Here are some situations when you should consider bringing in a fractional Head of Growth:
Developing A First Growth Team:
- If your company is just starting out with building a growth function, a Fractional Head of Growth can be a smart hire to provide necessary strategic focus, leadership, and stability for a new growth team.
Revitalizing Company Growth:
- Without a specialized growth function, your company’s growth, especially revenue, may level off at a certain ceiling. A Fractional Head of Growth can reinvigorate growth by bringing specialized expertise and leadership skills to the company without the full-time salary requirement.
Uniting Multiple Growth Teams
- If your company already has multiple growth teams responsible for different parts of the AARRR framework, a Fractional Head of Growth can ensure those teams are in alignment and compound each other’s efforts.
Growing Revenue in Lean Periods:
- A Fractional Head of Growth can help your company grow revenue at a cost-effective rate, reducing stress on your budget.
Transitioning Between CGO Hires:
- In transition periods when your company is searching for a new full-time CGO, a Fractional Head of Growth can bridge the gap on a contract basis.