Growth and Product Marketing Manager at HRTech
- Mobile Apps
Experimentation Lead for Multinational Location Tech Company
- Mobile Apps
Head of Product Growth at $2M+ Raised SaaS Startup
Growth Lead with 7+ Years SaaS B2B Experience
Founder, CTO, and CEO with eCommerce Experience
Hiring made easy
Tell us what you’re looking for
Good fit assessment
We intro you to interested candidates
Start an engagement off platform
GrowthExpert transformed the way we approach growth marketing at TechNova. Their fractional talent seamlessly integrated with our team, driving remarkable results in record time.
With GrowthExpert, we quickly connected with a top-notch expert who took charge of our growth strategies, effectively managing our project backlog with exceptional skill
GrowthExpert’s platform provided us with rapid access to credible, vetted marketers. Their streamlined process and high-caliber talent pool were exactly what our ambitious projects required
The low-risk, high-reward approach of GrowthExpert was exactly what we needed. Their flexible engagement model allowed us to experiment and find the perfect growth strategy.
How to Hire a Great Growth Manager
About Growth Managers
What does a fractional Growth Manager do?
A Fractional growth manager is a part-time or contract-based individual contributor position focused on optimizing a company’s growth. It’s typically sought out as one of the first hires for newer startups or smaller companies building out a growth function.
Here’s what a fractional Growth Manager typically does:
Identification and Testing of New Growth Opportunities
- Identifies emerging and untapped growth opportunities.
- Tests opportunities and builds an initial foundation for other teams to optimize with time.
Analysis of customer behavior
- Analyzes customer behavior to identify which experiments and campaigns should have the greatest impact on growth.
Execution of Growth-Focused Marketing Campaigns
- Builds out marketing campaigns focused on growing the user base.
- Executes and analyzes the results of campaigns and their effects on growth.
Hands-on Experimentation Execution
- Plans and executes experiments to test new growth channels and levers.
- Works with product, engineering, and design teams to ensure product growth opportunities are maximized.
- Collaborates with general marketing, customer success, and product marketing teams to increase chances of success for growth marketing campaigns.
Data-Driven AARRR Decisions
- Analyzes data to determine what new channels and experiments will maximize growth.
A fractional Growth Manager provides the systems-based growth analysis and hands-on execution needed in the early stages of a growth program. For businesses just starting with a focus on growth, a fractional Growth Manager can serve as an excellent initial hire to build a growth function in a cost-effective way.
When to Hire
When should you hire a fractional Growth Manager?
Hiring a fractional Growth Manager is ideal for companies starting off with growth programs. Here are some scenarios when you might want to hire a fractional Growth Manager:
As a First Growth-Function Hire:
- If your company is just starting out with building a growth function, a Growth Manager is a great first hire as they can execute growth campaigns.
To Achieve Post-PMF Growth:
- Growth managers are best able to do their work after a company has achieved PMF. A fractional growth manager can be a cost-effective way to kick off post-PMF growth efforts.
To Cover Expertise Gaps
- If you don’t have full marketing or product teams already in place, a growth manager can provide useful skills to execute in those areas.
For Data- and Systems-Thinking-Driven Perspectives
- Growth managers sit in a unique role at the intersection of marketing, product, and research. Fractional growth managers can bring data-driven, systems-thinking mindsets to your company.
In Tandem with a Head of Growth
- While a Head of Growth covers the leadership and strategic end of growth, a growth manager covers in-the-weeds execution. A fractional Growth Manager can be a fantastic way to provide a full-time Head of Growth with cost-effective execution support.